Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Texas Panhandle, Inc. vision is that all children achieve success in life. Our mission is to provide all children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
We work with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community and hold ourselves accountable for each child in our program achieving:
• Higher aspirations, greater confidence and better relationships
• Avoidance of risky behaviors
• Educational success
On August 10, 1961 Big Brothers Big Sisters was established in Amarillo because of a growing need to support the children of our community. In 1996 the Wheatheart Satellite program was established to provide mentoring services to the children of Hansford and Ochiltree counties. For more than 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. We have a commitment to our community and its most vulnerable resource – our children.
• What if every child fulfills their potential?
• What if every child is put on the right path today?
• What if every child in Amarillo and Canyon graduated high school, went to college, and gives back to their communities?
• What will that start?
• It will be the start of something big.
Every time you donate money or time to Big Brothers Big Sisters,
you help a child reach their potential. You start something.